29 July 2008

Let the Good Times Roll

In approximately two weeks I, your faithful station manager, will depart on another part of my life's journey.

I'm leaving Centenary at the beginning of my junior year to attend the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. It's a decision upon which I've spent a considerable amount of time. Contemplating. But it's official, I've signed a lease and registered for classes, so I'm off to a new land.

My college career has been stressful, in short, much like any student's. Whatever the present circumstances, our radio station kept me strong and alive. Through KSCL I've met hundreds of groovy individuals, experienced amazing live music, and achieved goals I never dreamed possible.

Fear not! There are more good days ahead for Centenary Radio. Kelly Dunnigan will take over the post, running it as only she knows best. I'm down in the history books, just like everyone before me. It was a good run, and it'll be even better for you, the listener.

My last week in town will be spent editing our projects, finishing the website, and training the staff for life without Jon. I imagine the future will be just fine, just as it has in the past.

I would like to extend my gratitude to all the individuals who've helped me on my journey. There were some bad days. And god knows there were some good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll be added to my list of friends who are "former kscl station managers". I collect them.

Jennifer Waits said...

Sorry to see you moving on-- I've enjoyed your perspectives on radio and thank you for all the kind words for my blog too.

Will you get involved with radio in Arkansas? Keep us posted!