24 January 2008

A Cross for the First Time in 31+ Years

Well fans,

I have good news. Last night (now Tuesday night) our faculty adviser informed the staff about Arbitron's latest statistics. Arbitron is a radio marketing research firm that calculates the number of listeners each station has. Well, for the first time in KSCL's 31+ years of being, I am happy to report that we have a cross by our call letters. The cross signifies that we now have more that 1% of regular listeners in our area. This would equate to a minimum of 3,000 or so regular listeners. It is quite an exciting event, something that wouldn't have been possible without the help of Kathy Fell, Michael Laffey, Chris Brown, Sara Hebert, and many many others.

One of my favorite things about our station is the sheer number of individuals who have affected KSCL in some way over the many years. I am extremely proud to lead the station during such a grand time.

Stay tuned!

Jon Schleuss
General Manager
318.869.5296



Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

Sammy said...

Can I just say that I am so glad to see that everyone actually has a name for their show! We couldn't ever get people to actually do that.