20 November 2008

'Cause You Don't Know What Ya Got Till It's Gone...

This is a personal entry. About my finger. And trust me it's relevant to radio. I promise.

So, recently I've taken this endeavor to motorize my Schwinn Cruiser bicycle thereby turning it into an awesome moped that will make me cooler than your burnt out, punk-rock uncle and a total chick magnet to boot.

Anyway, today I was working on my bike, minding my own manly business when all of a sudden I lose my grip on the screw driver I was using, and my knuckle on my right index finger catches the sharp tip of a shiny, exposed handlebar. DEEP CUT!

OUCH!

I bleed. I see the blood. I feel like crying, but curse instead because that's what a real man does. And then I almost faint while cleaning the wound...

Now it doesn't look that bad in the pics, but that's because I cleaned it. I was worried I might need stitches, however that terrifies me, so I just decided to put the flap of skin back on my finger and bandage it up.

Why am I telling all this to you on the KSCL blog? Because right now I am sitting at my laptop typing with gauze and a sawed-off No. 2 Office Max pencil taped to my finger for a splint wondering how in the heck I'm gonna press all the damn buttons in the radio station tomorrow.

My finger hurts. And it's like black and stuff now.

This is a message mainly to all you youngsters out there (and maybe a message to some of you oldsters too). And it's a relevant message with Thanksgiving approaching too. The message is "be thankful for what you have even if it's a index finger that works properly, cause we all take things like index fingers for granted sometimes."

That being said, I want for all of you to think about what you are thankful for whenever you turn on 91.3 FM this Thanksgiving. Thank you.

3 comments:

Jon Schleuss said...

It's like Tyler just did a Public Service Announcement.

Kelly said...

Look at you, Tyler, being all pose-y and modelesque... with that atrocious, bloody finger.

Tyler Program Director said...

I'm ouch-chic.